Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Roly Poly

So, I read somewhere on the internet -- what a great source of accurate information, by the way ;) -- that when babies start rolling around all over their cribs and up on their hands and knees, it means they might be ready for crawling. If that's the case, then I'd expect some crawling action from Mia any day now.

She about scared the willies out of me the other night when she awoke around, who knows, 3 or 4 am?, and I went into her room and she was propped up by her arms just looking (and crying) at me. I'm not used to be eyed like that when I enter her room; it used to just be a squirmy crying baby laying in her crib.

In fact, she just woke up from a nap (a bit early, I might add!!) and is just playing quietly in her room, and I can see on her video monitor some backwards scooting action. What's funny is that if she can't get to where she wants to go, she just rolls back and forth, from tummy to back and vice versa, until she gets to whatever corner of the crib she feels like hanging in for a bit.

Good news in this arena...I have discovered that she will not necessarily scream bloody murder if she just so happens to roll onto her stomach. She has done that occasionally over the last couple of weeks and she might whine a bit but she seems to find a way to go back to sleep *most of the time*. We are still working on regulating sleep patterns, but I'm finding that teething, these amazing developmental milestones, sickness, and traveling are throwing off our games a little bit.

Every now and then I think, whatever, I'll just get over it (the whole sleep deprivation thing), but then one day I'll have a very angry moment where I'm really cranky and sleepy...and somehow, we just keep moving along. It never seems to last that long anymore.

Well, she threw a blanket on her face and hasn't figured out how to get it off herself apparently, so to the rescue I go.

*Sigh* My time is not my own anymore... :-S

4 comments:

Megan said...

PS: That last comment was not written to be discouraging, just a realization. And truthfully, my time was never my own...it's all a gift from God. I just recognize that more now that I'm a parent. *phew* /Disclaimer Over!

Rose said...

disclaimer accepted.

Rhonda said...

Well, I feel a alot better now! ;) When I read that "comment" I can't help but think of the song "This world is not my own."

Rhonda said...

Now that Mia is becoming mobile, maybe it is time to lower the crib mattress. Just a thought from Mommo.