Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Springing in the Midwest

We've taken a bit of a hiatus the last few days while we traveled northward to Jackson's graduation at Purdue University on Sunday.  We've been loving being with family & seeing another part of the US, but I have to admit I forgot what spring is like in other parts of the country.  As you may know, Florida more or less has 2 seaons: hot & hotter.  I have sorely missed the seasons while I've been in Florida, but apparently I've forgotten how to pack/dress for any other season aside from what we've experiencing in Florida lately (80s & 90s).  It's been wet & rainy here the past few days and I look like that sad Southerner who doesn't own a pair of closed-toe shoes, borrowing my mom's jacket while we go out.  Of course, I do have all these items at home, but they just didn't make it into my suitcase.  Next time, next time.


Today we trek a bit more southward to the hills of KY & TN, bidding adieu to the Hoosier state.  This has been a fun, busy trip, and sleep means more to me again now that we're getting less of it. Thankfully my appetite has returned the last couple of weeks meaning I don't feel like my meals are limited to a few things.

Here are some quick pics from this past weekend:
Wiley Boys Harley Trip

Jackson walking across the stage @ Purdue

Mia eating ice cream with Mommo


Safe travels, and keep praying for Scout.  She had her surgery yesterday and all went well!  Yay!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Any plans to stop off in Bowling Green as you go? You know you want to! :)

Megan said...

Jess, we did stop in Tompkinsville on the way down to visit with Greg's grandparents...but I think we're sticking in TN & AL the rest of the trip! I cannot imagine asking Mia to ride in the car any longer than she has to after 4 days already of driving at least 6 hrs! Would love to see you all another time though! Perhaps next year we'll come up again and will be able to stay longer and visit in BG!

Malone Mama said...

Confession: I've been a "lurker" for a while :) I found your blog through Lauren's, we were at FC together though we didn't hang out much,my hubby knows your hubby,our girls are approximately the same age, and so on and so forth. Anyway, I enjoy reading about Mia and the struggles and joys you are having with her, since they are so like my own life! Congratulations on #2; life's about to get a lot more chaotic!