Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

"Precious Memories"

In other news, Mia's a really good kid.

After that last blog post I may have temporarily painted a picture of doom and woe, but after the spark plug of confidence I was given from my readers & friends on Facebook, things *seem* to be improving.  Was I just scared to put my foot down?  Maybe so.






And here's our precious memory (or two):
Usually Greg puts Mia down for bedtime, and I say goodnight to her with a hug & a kiss before they read stories & sing songs.  I was kneeling down to do so, and after we hugged, Mia leaned down to hug my tummy (where we've been talking about where "baby brother" is) and she hugged & kissed my tummy and said, "Mia hug baby brother."  It was totally unprompted.  I have asked her before if she wants to give her baby brother a hug, but that was my initiating and her following through.  Tonight, it was completely on her own.  *Heart warmed*

Minutes later, after I found Mia's baby book and was searching for a page to enter said story in, I heard my name and was being beckoned back to Mia's room.  She & Greg were eagerly awaiting for me to join them and Mia asked me to sit down on the ottoman in front of the glider, because she had a surprise for me.

Amazon.com
I sat down next to them and while Greg flipped through the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr & Eric Carle, Mia "read" aloud all the words to the entire book!  It's a colorful book full of repetition, but she correctly identified all the animals and read it straight through.

Proud Mommy.
She's a sweetheart.




And this guy is growing up:
 

[3D ultrasound pictures taken at my 29 week appointment]

Ultrasound weight estimates can be off at times, but he's estimated to be around 3 lbs.  His growth is right on track and so far all my stats are great, thanks to God.  Really hard to believe we're in the third trimester...but glad to be here.  It's been a tough, but good week.  Upward & onward, here we go!

No comments: