Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Meal Stumps...

Now that the babe is here and we're almost 2 months into his life, of course our generous list of meal donors is over.  We were totally overwhelmed by everyone's generosity and feasted on delicious and healthy meals brought over by considerate friends. When the meals and Thanksgiving leftovers were over (it ain't over till the fat lady sings, and we were getting close to fat ladies over here), it was me vs. the kitchen and the clock. I'm happy to say we haven't succumbed to takeout as often as we did with Mia, but we could always use a little help in the planning, prep and cook time.  Here's what's on the docket this coming week.  You'll see some repeats and some new fellows:

Cheeseslave's Fettucine Alfredo -- I have always loved fettucine alfredo (except I often sub the fettucine for angel hair pasta), but whenever I ate it at a common Italian restaurant, I'd literally get sick every time.  So I never wanted to go back there anymore. Seeing that I can make this at home with quality ingredients really excites me!
Nourished Kitchen's Hamburger & Barley Stew -- I still had barley left over from when I made this a couple of months ago so we're going for it again!
Martha Stewart's Black Bean Soup
Wellness Mama's Bacon Apple Chicken

You might notice a lot of these are recipes I can make in the slow-cooker. This is becoming my new BFF.  Around 5pm I often don't have enough arms to tend to the chillun' or the food, so if everything's already brewing up in the crockpot, I'm good to go.

Other slow-cooker faves of late have been roast chicken, sweet potatoes, and white chili.

What's cooking in your kitchen??

And what are you making for the holidays? Inquiring minds would very much like to know!

No comments: