Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

on an island far far away...

Well it wasn't an island but it was Clearwater, which is far enough!

Last night Greg & I went to a concert.  What, you didn't know parents did that?  Well, it had been a while. The last concert we went to was a last-minute, pay for your tix at the door sort of thing for John Mayer & Sheryl Crow in August 2008.  It was actually the weekend we found out we were expecting, and so I went wondering if the sound was going to bother my baby's developing eardrums.  Srsly.


Alas, we went to Clearwater to see Mat Kearney & Ingrid Michaelson.  It was, for lack of a better word, awesome!  They played at Ruth Eckerd Hall--first time we had been there--and the venue, the sound, the energy, were all perfect.  It's not a huge venue, as the name "hall," suggests, but the seats are plenty cushy and everyone brought their A-game.  Greg's more of a Mat Kearney fan, but as he's listened to my Ingrid CD about 5 billion times because it basically was permanently implanted in our CD changer, he recognized most of her songs.  They both were brilliant.  Enthusiastic and clever and Ingrid is very funny.  *Sigh*


Mia was left in the capable hands of Miss LPK and Aunt Allison.  We tried to get her to say "Al" before the girlies came over but she didn't go for it.  I've heard her say things like "Rorwa" so maybe she already has L's name down.  Who knows.  I was a bit nervous leaving her with someone else for bedtime -- I guess that is typical new parent territory -- but she did pretty well from the report we received.  A little bouncing here and there, but she went down around 9:30 so that's not too shabby.  




I tried to take pictures of Mia yesterday--wannabe photographer here--to get something good for her birthday invites.  I really wasn't that successful getting her to look at me, smile at the camera and look natural, but I did wind up with a few decent ones:


Speaking of, her birthday is now just one month away!  Her birthday party is just a couple of days before.  It's mind-blowing to realize we've come this far and to think about what we were doing just a year ago at this time.  A lot of baby prep.  Totally different lifestyle.  Good times!

5 comments:

Megan said...

The comment tool should hopefully work now. If you get a message that says you cannot post, just TRY again (click the POST Comment button)!

Anonymous said...

You are rockin' out these blogs lady!! I LOVE reading all of the Megan Ciampaisms you have to say!! Mia is just the most precious thing!

Jenn said...

I love Ingrid Michaelson! What a fun night for you guys! I wish we lived closer so we could hang out. I'm glad Mia did well. The first time I left Ethan for a full night Shawn and I were canoeing/camping and I didn't have cell reception, it about killed me, but he of course did fine!
I love her little outfit in the pics, she's a keeper!

Rhonda said...

She seems like a natural outdoors. She needs to come to Ft. Wiley!

Rose said...

wish I could be there for lil' Mia's one year celebration...I was able to hang with Scout this weekend for her one year milestone and we had fun.