Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

And more eating...

Here's what I have and will be making over the coming weeks:
  • Spring & Summer Simple Soup - Even though it's already VERY hot in Florida, this looks really refreshing
  • Cheeseslave's Lentil Soup - just made this last week and it was fabulous! I was skeptical of lentils, but it's a really yummy soup when you add the optional pork sausage!
  • Fermented Pickles (you know, to live up to the "pickles & ice cream" stereotype of pregnancy)
  • Egg Salad (I already love eggs and now know how to make the homemade mayo to do it)
  • Jessica's gluten-free pizza!!  
The other thing I've been into lately (besides Mexican food, which I also craved with Mia) are black and green olives.  I don't know why, but I love them as a little snack or appetizer!  Maybe it's all the healthy fat :O

And for Lil' Mia, I really want to try making some more homemade condiments.  She loves to dip her foods in creams and sauces, and anything I can do to make them a bit more nourishing with simple ingredients sounds good to me.  I usually try to get the organic versions of ketchup & mustard, but I've found some pretty-easy looking recipes for ketchup & mustard that I hope to tackle this summer!


What's been your latest kitchen experiment??

No comments: