Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's starting to feel real...

It's almost embarrassing how excited I get about these events, but I just departed from my fifth Jumping Jeans Consignment Pre-sale at the Florida College Gym and left with a boatload of stuff.

There were a lot of "new" items on our list this time including checking out baby boy clothes.  They had so much selection it was almost overwhelming.  Where do I start, what do I really need? Although the first things on my list to check out were swings, bouncy seats & double strollers.  This is what I walked away with ...

View larger photo here
The booty:
  • a glider & ottoman for $40! (for either Mia's new room or the baby's room, so each room will have one comfy chair for parent & child to sit in)
  • a papasan bouncy seat (Mia lived in her borrowed bouncy seat as a wee one, and I'm assuming this one might too)
  • a Radio Flyer tricycle for Mia (the biker in daddy is so excited about this!)
  • a book/magnet toy for Mia (for "quiet" times)
  • a pair of patent faux leather pink shoes for Mia
  • and as you can see, TONS of baby boy clothes! Mostly onesies, some pants & a special newborn outfit.
I was so pumped when we left the sale.  I only went $5 over budget and paid for it all in cash.  This is how we like to roll and I'm thankful I have a husband who helps me set aside dinero for this kind of thing.  It is a blessing.  

Normally when I shop the consignment sales I'm thinking Mia, Mia, Mia.  It was a little strange to have my attention divided so, but I really felt like capitalizing on some decent sales for this baby boy.  Which is why now it's starting to feel more and more real...
3 months & 8 days to go, or so! :D

1 comment:

Jenny said...

You got some amazing bargains! I love buying a bunch of stuff I need for the cost of 1 or 2 items. I'm so glad you ended up with the glider, and Mia looks like she's loving her new trike! (By the way, that swing you left behind now resides at the Bassett hacienda.) :-)