Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Mia @ 12 months

Mia had her 1 year doctor's appt today and she weighed in at 19lbs, 1oz, and measured 28 inches long.  She's maintaining her weight and height and growing, but the biggest increase was in her head circumference.  She's in the 90th percentile there!  So, something's working right.

I was able to answer "yes" to all of the developmental milestones, which always makes a new mom feel good, but I was a little disappointed in her doctor's answers to my questions about milk/dairy allergies.  He recommended soy milk as the next best bet. In some cases, I'm sure that'd be fine, but I'd rather Mia have that in moderation than regularly. I guess I will have to continue my search to find a suitable alternative for Mia, or continue to seek out information to reduce her allergic reactions.  In the meantime, I didn't think I'd make it past this point, but it's been 12 months, and I'm still pumping.  Let's hear it for all-natural milk. *Woot woot*  We'll see where this goes!

The family on Mia's actual birthday

PS: More birthday pictures to come.

1 comment:

Rose said...

this pic is darling. when i glanced at it, i seriously imagined that the sun rays were candles. and symbolically, they are. congrats on one year, ciampas!

p.s. we're auntie and uncle again: we welcomed titus james moody to the world yesterday evening...9lbs 9oz!